D. Renee Christensen, Ph.D., CEAP, CISM
Fullerton, California 92833
Dr. Christensen has 32 plus years experience in the areas of Critical Incident Debriefing Management and Organizational Development.
Her multiple degrees include a Ph.D. and Masters in Industrial Management, Ph.D. in Naturopathy and a B.S. in Industrial Psychology. She holds training and organizational development certifications with Franklin Covey and Teleometrics International, as an Employee Assistance Professional, Critical Incident Stress Debriefer, Workplace Violence Specialist, and Substance Abuse Professional along with being an Honored Professional of the National Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals.
Dr. Christensen has owned or managed businesses since 1982 and is considered a leading expert in the arenas of training and critical incident stress debriefings.
She has been active in the critical incident/trauma environments, creating a specialized program for dealing with the operators of bus and rail for the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority where treatment and cisd’s were restructured and there by lowered the workers compensation related cost by greater than 50%.
Following 911 Dr. Christensen was the back up CISD provider for American Airlines at LAX and the primary CISM for Long Beach and Orange County airports. In addition to these scenarios, Dr. Christensen has worked closely with paramedic agencies, the Orange County Sheriff’s department and multiple elementary and junior high school districts in Southern California as well as banking and restaurant businesses nationwide.
First Certification in Mitchell’s Model in 1984. Two subsequent renewals of certification via Orange County Fire/Police and Westminster Fire Departments.
Dissertation: Serious Emotional Trauma, An Issue for Industry and Business.
Studied the effects of non-work related traumatic events occurring at work. Primary focus with the CDC and infectious disease control. Study took on the long term and different treatment guidelines for industrial trauma other than standard trip and fall or accidents in which the victim was part of causation.
Violence in the Workplace Trauma Team: 1992-1996
OC Trauma Team: 1990-1996
American Airlines 911 Team: 2001-2003
Orange County Child Abuse Investigative Debriefer: 2003-2005
MTA Trauma Program Creator and Lead: 2003-2005
DEBRIEFING STATISTICS: 32 years of service
2957 + debriefing sessions
30142 individuals serviced
- Banking and Credit Unions
- County and City Government
Ph.D. Industrial Management
Ph.D. Naturopathy: N.D.
Masters of Science in Industrial Management
Bachelors In Science in Industrial Psychology, Minor in Finance.
1.Franklin Covey Trainer (4 Roles of Leadership and 7 Habits) 2.Teleometrics International Trainer 3.Employee Assistance Professional 4.Critical Incident Stress Debriefer 5.Honored Professional of the National Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals. 6.Workplace Violence/Trauma Specialist 7.Substance Abuse Professional
D. Renee Christensen, Inc., DBA Trauma Response Services,Fullerton, CA6/96-Present
- Founded this company to provide a mentoring and developmental outlet for clients across the nation. The primary focus is on training and developing key employees in the arts of leadership, customer service, and people and staff development and productivity enhancement. Working with the Human Resource and Benefits departments to facilitate (a) leadership development, (b) performance enhancement and motivation, (c) team based leadership, (c) employee empowerment, (d) cost containment, (e) communication and power in relationships, etc.
- Serviced 6 major clients coming from Airlines, Local Government, School Districts, Law Firms and Maintenance Operations.
- Primary PTSD provider for LA, OC and Long Beach for USBH after 911.
- Provider rehab and debriefing services for American Airlines for flight crews and pilots for year following 9/11.
- Violence in the Workplace trauma team for LA and OC.
- Product lines include Leadership Training, Team Development Training, Customer Service Training, Staff Reorganization Work, Benefits Analysis, Staff Skills development, Meeting Management, CISD’s, Leadership Assistance Programs for a more confidential Employee Assistance Program Market Place, and Conflict Mediation and Intervention.
- White Card instructor in Criminal Justice departments of Santa Ana and Rancho Santiago Colleges.
Employee Support Systems Company, Orange, CA 9/02-3/05
Primary roles and achievements: (1) Marketing Responsibilities, (2) Created a new product line and increased market share by offering a more holistic approach to EAP’s, (3) Staff development, and continued education to improve, empower and energize the workforce, (4) In-house training and development (created a monthly training program which facilitated the growth of our employees), (5) Increasing list of available resources for trainings and programs for our client companies, and (6) Improved the existing skills, development and oversight of all CISD work provided to our clients.
- - Developed and created comprehensive workers compensation program for trauma for the Metropolitan Transit Authority
- - Developed and presented 12 month for credit training course for LA Housing Supervisors and managers.
- - Developed and Supervised an ESSCo trauma team to service our clients nationwide.
- - Developed and implemented global Organizational Development training for ESSCo staff
Employee Support Systems Company, Orange, CA4/84-6/96
President/CEO/Owner 15 years
- Founded to provide for profit Employee Assistance Programs to middle and small business enterprises.
- Company services approximately 160 clients across the nation.
- Products included EAP, Benefits and Policy review and writing, Organizational Development work, CISD’s, Training, and Conflict Management.
- Primary Trauma Servicer for OC during the Bankruptcy Filing and investigations.
- Primary roles and achievements: (1) Financial and Marketing Responsibilities: Increased the client count and dollars of revenue within one year by 10%. The net profit remained no less than 20% and debt free while under my authority, (2) Created a new product line and increased market share by offering a more holistic approach to EAP’s, (3) Employee development, created an empowering environment which brought about 3 years of minimal turnover, (4) In-house training and development (we created a monthly training program which facilitated the growth of our employees).